Temporal Continuity & Revealed Truth
- Temporal Continuity – (2:4-5a, 2:24) These verses are out of the narrative time. These are messages to an audience contemporary to the author.
- Temporal Continuity – (2:7; 15) Man is placed in the garden twice.
- Indicates that first mention is title and abstract to the following narrative.
- Revealed Truth – (2:8-14) God planted a garden and then the details of how he planted the garden are revealed.
- Temporal Continuity – (2:19) Unclear whether the animals are formed at that moment or were formed prior but now brought to the man.
- The lack of the consecutive vav at the beginning causes this confusion.
The post Genesis 2:4-2:25 – Temporal Continuity & Revealed Truth appeared first on Literology.