Keywords, Phrases, Wordplay
- Keywords – (4:17) eer – The city was named after this son.
- Wordplay – (4:20-22) jabal…jubal…tubal – Names are poetic and all three indicating forms of flowing river, yet they are the founders of completely different and unrelated professions.
- Wordplay – (4:22) tubal-cayin – Name represents his connection with Cayin.
- Parallelism – (4:23a) Synthetic parallelism identifies the women as his wives who must listen.
- Parallelism – (4:23a) Synonymous parallelism emphasizes that the wives must listen.
- Parallelism – (4:23) Synthetic parallelism further explicates the individual as a young man while taking emphasis off of the personal injury.